Orange Recycling Committee Chair Mitch Goldblatt has announced that plastic bag and plastic wrap recycling is now available throughout Orange.
The most recent area to recycle is at the Orange Transfer Station. As a Connecticut WRAP (Wrap Recycling Action Program) Champion with the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, the Orange Recycling Committee secured the Rack ‘N Pak system that all residents can utilize. Located next to the mixed recyclable container there is now a small shed that houses the Rack ‘N Pak. Residents are encouraged to bring their clean and dry plastic bags and wrap to be recycled.
- Retail, carryout, produce, newspaper, bread, and dry cleaning bags (clean, dry and free of receipts and clothes hangers)
- Zip-top food storage bags (clean and dry)
- Plastic shipping envelopes (remove labels), bubble wrap and air pillows (deflate)
- Product wrap on cases of water/soda bottles, paper towels, napkins, disposable cups, bathroom tissue, diapers, and female sanitary products
- Furniture and electronic wrap
- Plastic cereal box liners (but if it tears like paper, do not include)
Read the entire article at orangectlive.com.